Jon holding a tarantula?? I thought he was scared of the house spiders!!
Myself and the kids met Jon in Utah at the end of June. We have been here for 5 weeks... Jon has thoroughly enjoyed his internship in Toolle with Dr. Mike Wells. (the commute was a little rough, but the experience he gained made it worth it!)
We have been able to do so many fun things this summer. I will give a quick overview so I don't bore you!
Grandma and papa (stanna and De) Weaver have been so generous in letting us take over their basement this summer. The kids have love and been totally spoiled living with grandma and papa. Grandma's daily prizes and caiden and kaebrii running papa to the ground each night after work, I am sure they will be in need of a good vacation after we leave. :)
The kids love having gramcrackers and milk with papa each night.... that might of started a tradition!
We have enjoyed the camping trip to the Uinta Mountains, the boating at pineview and playing on the beach in Bear Lake. Not the mention the clearfield and Roy aquatic centers, airplane museum (Caiden had gotten into airplanes this summer) and the train ride down to SLC on the tracks! We enjoyed the night and day at the Blasko's condo in Eden as a family. Swimming and the mini golf was so much fun. Kaebrii wanted to do some golfing too, so she would wait till someone hit the ball in the hole and she would get it out and then put it back in. :) The Rodeo was a big hit with both of the kids. Kaebrii clapped and clapped and Caiden would ask papa when the next buffalo was coming out of the gate...meaning bull! caiden now plays bucking horses and bulls with his animals! We have enjoying the nice nights on the back porch and yard. Caiden loves playing catch and batting, soccer and plain ol' tackle football with daddy, uncle cameron and papa. The kids had fun playing in the volleyball sand pit in the shade in the morning and splashing in the kiddie giraffe pool during the hot days at home with mom. One of the biggest hits at grandma and papa weaver's house is the horses next door. (Caiden like to call them forces..) It is a daily routine to feed the horses anything from carrots, cucumbers, apples to cherry tree leaves. Caiden loves to feed the horses all by himself! One night spike (one of the horses) got a little friendly with Kaebrii and mom caught it on the camera!
In the middle of July our family was able to travel with grandma and papa (dave and linda) McCallister to Del Norte, Colorado to visit great Grandpa Dave, Aunt lynea and Aunt Carol. It was a long drive but the kids did great. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Colorado. It was fun to show Jon where my parent grew up and where I was born (glenwood springs). We spent our first day at a lake canoeing and hiking and we had a blast at the sand dunes the next day. Caiden and Kaebrii played and played in the water and sand until it started to rain...then it was cold and Caiden had a major melt down. The shower didn't help much since they were ice cold... but we had to get all the sand off! I think if for some reason Alaska didn't work out for dentistry we would look to Colorado next. It is a beautiful state with many fun things to do! We enjoyed the time with great grandpa dave, Aunt carol and lynnea, papa dave before he had to go back to Cairo, and grandma linda!
As for me, I have enjoyed my runs in the morning, especially the trail runs behind my inlaws house. I ran a half marathon at the beginning of the summer. I really enjoyed it. It was a fun course! I placed 3rd in my age group and 9th overall in the women. I was excited since I had only ran a few time in the elevation change before the race. (for all of those that have run in different elevation it is hard! Louisville is basically at sea level and Layton is at 6,000 ft. or so... it makes it harder to breathe and you feel really out of shape!) I have enjoyed the time with the kids at the house.
Well I hope I haven't bore you all but I wanted to write down what we have done this summer! Take care and there will be more b/c Cameron is getting married and we are then going up to Alaska for 10 days!
Accomplishments of the summer: Kaebrii is a full on walker and wanting to run!
We have been able to do so many fun things this summer. I will give a quick overview so I don't bore you!
Grandma and papa (stanna and De) Weaver have been so generous in letting us take over their basement this summer. The kids have love and been totally spoiled living with grandma and papa. Grandma's daily prizes and caiden and kaebrii running papa to the ground each night after work, I am sure they will be in need of a good vacation after we leave. :)
The kids love having gramcrackers and milk with papa each night.... that might of started a tradition!
We have enjoyed the camping trip to the Uinta Mountains, the boating at pineview and playing on the beach in Bear Lake. Not the mention the clearfield and Roy aquatic centers, airplane museum (Caiden had gotten into airplanes this summer) and the train ride down to SLC on the tracks! We enjoyed the night and day at the Blasko's condo in Eden as a family. Swimming and the mini golf was so much fun. Kaebrii wanted to do some golfing too, so she would wait till someone hit the ball in the hole and she would get it out and then put it back in. :) The Rodeo was a big hit with both of the kids. Kaebrii clapped and clapped and Caiden would ask papa when the next buffalo was coming out of the gate...meaning bull! caiden now plays bucking horses and bulls with his animals! We have enjoying the nice nights on the back porch and yard. Caiden loves playing catch and batting, soccer and plain ol' tackle football with daddy, uncle cameron and papa. The kids had fun playing in the volleyball sand pit in the shade in the morning and splashing in the kiddie giraffe pool during the hot days at home with mom. One of the biggest hits at grandma and papa weaver's house is the horses next door. (Caiden like to call them forces..) It is a daily routine to feed the horses anything from carrots, cucumbers, apples to cherry tree leaves. Caiden loves to feed the horses all by himself! One night spike (one of the horses) got a little friendly with Kaebrii and mom caught it on the camera!
In the middle of July our family was able to travel with grandma and papa (dave and linda) McCallister to Del Norte, Colorado to visit great Grandpa Dave, Aunt lynea and Aunt Carol. It was a long drive but the kids did great. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Colorado. It was fun to show Jon where my parent grew up and where I was born (glenwood springs). We spent our first day at a lake canoeing and hiking and we had a blast at the sand dunes the next day. Caiden and Kaebrii played and played in the water and sand until it started to rain...then it was cold and Caiden had a major melt down. The shower didn't help much since they were ice cold... but we had to get all the sand off! I think if for some reason Alaska didn't work out for dentistry we would look to Colorado next. It is a beautiful state with many fun things to do! We enjoyed the time with great grandpa dave, Aunt carol and lynnea, papa dave before he had to go back to Cairo, and grandma linda!
As for me, I have enjoyed my runs in the morning, especially the trail runs behind my inlaws house. I ran a half marathon at the beginning of the summer. I really enjoyed it. It was a fun course! I placed 3rd in my age group and 9th overall in the women. I was excited since I had only ran a few time in the elevation change before the race. (for all of those that have run in different elevation it is hard! Louisville is basically at sea level and Layton is at 6,000 ft. or so... it makes it harder to breathe and you feel really out of shape!) I have enjoyed the time with the kids at the house.
Well I hope I haven't bore you all but I wanted to write down what we have done this summer! Take care and there will be more b/c Cameron is getting married and we are then going up to Alaska for 10 days!
Accomplishments of the summer: Kaebrii is a full on walker and wanting to run!
(more pictures will be added to this post soon!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment