We have had some wild weather here in Kentucky!!! It first snowed 4-5 inches...(I know that many of you are laughing at that, but out here the town closes down if the thought of snow is coming...seriously) That night it turned into freezing rain. Freezing rain can be really scary...especially if you are driving... the rain freezes immediately and it is hard to see out of the car and the roads get slick fast! Well the freezing rain went through the night and put about an inch of ice on everything!! We were woken up by on of our tree branches falling and missing our house by inches.... trust me we didn't sleep much after that. We keep praying that our branches wouldn't break... they are all bent over from the weight of the ice and our feet from the ground and inches from our house!!! It then snowed 3 0r so more inches on top of all of the ice....
Here are a few pictures of our street.... We are so blessed, we were hit hard but not as hard as others... we have power and there are 175,000 + that don't have power in this cold weather!
Our backyard- you can see the ice covering the telephone and electricity wires!

a look down our street. It is really pretty with the snow but the huge trees worry me every time we drive under them. You don't know when a branch will snap.....

I don't know if some of these trees will recover from the ice. It has almost been four days and I think we have 2 more days before it is suppose to be warm enough to melt the ice!

Our neighbors house kiddy corner from us! I am so glad our trees didn't split like that...

Down the street a little ways...

I am glad that I have been looking for winter clothes for the kids for next winter in Alaska... They actually have snow pants and snow boots.... alittle big but definitely works!


Caiden loved playing in the snow while dad was shoveling the driveway....
Kaebrii trying on dad's hunting boots....they almost go up to her belly!
Jon has had the week off because the dental school has been closed along with everything else! Our list of house projects is getting a little smaller... and we are enjoying the pool at our gym.
We are very grateful for our safety, home and electricity... HEAT!!! I have had some friends that have had to drive to Indy and TN to get generators.... It has been crazy but what is not crazy anymore?
We are hoping to go sledding tomorrow... the kids have some snow clothes but the parents left theirs in Utah.... I will post the ice sledding soon if we go.....
2 comments:
wow looks scary and fun!
I'm glad your trees didn't break! The ice is pretty, too bad it is so dangerous.
Post a Comment